Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
It's been a great run, but this site just isn't worth the cost of keeping it up anymore. It will remain open through to the end of the month.

Thanks for a great run!

A Farewell to Community Royale from a Moderator

MathChampMathChamp Moderator Posts: 1,733
So, I guess the time is here, isn't it? I'm late to the party of saying goodbye, but I thought I would provide my own experiences on the forums and give this site a goodbye before it hits the dust.

In the supercell forums, I had a slight presence, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I was only able to view the forums regularly the second semester of my junior year of high school (about 4 months). I made a couple of math and analysis threads about CR, and one caught on (about the power of spells in Clash Royale). Again, I never had a huge presence, only reaching 1000 posts and really only participating in general, off-topic, and sometimes card balance discussion.

So, I started in this forum as a senior in high school after the closure of the Supercell forums. I was late to the party of joining real quickly missing the October club and hitting the November 2017 club about a week after Community Royale. I started participating more regularly in Community Royale because I had more time and those circumstances that were on the Supercell forums were not on Community Royale. I started small with my analysis threads, just commenting on a quirk about chest factor and formula for figuring out odds of cards received in chests in Clash Royale in a small analysis thread.

Then, realizing that the community liked my threads from the reactions and comments, I started up a couple more analysis threads to moderate success. My love and notoriety on the site turned up when I posted the thread "An Analysis of Area Damage" where it propelled me to one of the most reacted to posts on the site. I then became an even bigger name once I made more threads based on the site itself including a pinned thread in which I detailed the accomplishments of forumers in a leaderboard format. I still was not too much in reactions, though, still not in the top 5. Jctteh was still on top for quite a while, but I was climbing up with more and more analysis threads to the point where I was in 2nd place by March 2018. It wasn't too long though as in April 2018 I took the "throne" and got the most points on the forums. I ended up losing it much later, but I don't mind as Jctteh deserved it.

Well, my notoriety caught the eye of Pikasper, so he went ahead and mentioned to Blastoise during his and Cal's big hiatus of early 2018 that I would be best for the new mod position. So, when Blastoise came back, I joined the mod team in July of 2018, and I tried my best to help moderate the forums. Well, that's when I got into discord to talk about things on the forums. Little did I know that this would turn into a gateway into many things discord, but I will talk about that later.

So, starting up in the first semester of college right when I got the mod position. Sadly I needed to take a break to start strong from college, but then I realized that I just couldn't quite leave the forums right away when I just got the mod position, so I balanced my time with college, but my activity dwindled in the process. This was then when I started joining other servers in discord and my activity slightly shifted between the two sites. I then actually took a break from Community Royale starting October because at that point I got extremely burnt out with both Clash Royale and Community Royale, actually not going on both places for a month with CR lasting even longer than a month. What ended up happening as time went on with college ending for the semester is that I couldn't handle discord and Community Royale at the same time. What ended up happening starting January 2019 was my departure from Community Royale for the college semester. I changed my password to an unknown password so I couldn't log in again without a process, and I ended up focusing on discord instead.

Speaking of which, I'll share my story on discord. I ended up joining the Community Royale discord server in January 2018, but I never really got into discord until July of 2018 when I was promoted to mod. After a while, I realized that the community surrounding the original forums was on discord, so as my interest for the game waned, I talked more on discord with people that I was more familiar with from the forums. I ended up talking with the former moderators of Community Royale, members that left Community Royale, were banned from the original forums, etc. I then realized that because of declining activity from Community Royale, discord was the only option to keep in touch with those who were here. So, I implore anyone that was on here to join discord before this site closes and join the Community Royale Discord Server (see the sticky). Then, go to the community servers channel, and that's where all of the community from the forums have ended up across the servers (which was my brainchild, so I'm proud of it).

I still want to keep memories of this site alive though, so I have kept my analysis threads in word docs, and if I got really into the game again and understood it in detail, I might go ahead and update them and post it on reddit. But, that is a long shot, so I'm just keeping them safe for now on a google drive, waiting for a time that might never come.

Once this site closes, it will be a sad day for everyone who was and is here. I just want everyone to know how much I appreciated this site even if I wasn't here for some of it.

I'll remember the administrator that made this all possible, Blastoise.

I'll remember the moderators that have left this site, Pikasper, Zygarde, and Michaello.

I'll remember the moderator that has been there since the beginning on this site, MasterCal.

I'll remember the two new moderators that joined the mod team when it was sadly on the decline, JcttehTheWise and Ferrell34.

I'll remember the supercell moderator that joined to say hi and see us off, Holps.

I'll remember those active members that left the site including Carlson, OmgitsEthan, Spicy, PAZBoy, Vengeance, LostParadise, and countless others.

I'll remember the members that stuck it out to the end or darn near close to that including micsfyuen, Giorgakis, killer, kistune42, brainiacboy, and others that I have forgotten.

And I'll remember those that have accepted me into this community and even put me on a pedestal even though I didn't really deserve it.

Thanks so much for the memories! Now my ramble is done.
Currently subsiding in FFS Revamped
IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 5161 | 93/93 Cards
Card Collection Levels: 6 Lvl 12, 21 Lvl 11, 35 Lvl 10, 29 Lvl 9, 2 Lvl 8

Deck: Royal Giant (12) - Barbarians (12) - Goblin Hut (11) - Furnace (11) - Mega Minion (12) - Baby Dragon (11) - Fireball (11) - Barbarian Barrel (11)
math.jpg
"Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
DeltaDroid4JcttehTheWiseferrell34

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Member Posts: 3,287
    Looks like my plan will be harder to accomplish with another moderator gone. I am restricted to Jctteh and ferrell34 now.

Also something that I have clearly mention is that the closure of this site means that I will leave from all the Discord servers. Do not search me afterwards, consider me dead. You will really miss me and I will miss you too.

Specifically you are the one that I will miss the most. Mainly because I considered you an exemplar for life (my life specifically). Others were considered too but nobody pulled that better than you.

My time comes soon as well. I feel like a grandpa who achieved what he wanted in life and goes to rest in peace.
    m9x13ahnee1c.png

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here

This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Moderator Posts: 2,037
    The end of this anime may be sad, but we still have a new season comming up in Discord, so instead of making this a sad ending we should make it a joyful new beginning, or at least that’s my opinion :crsmirk:
    MathChamp
    Forum Moderator and hobbyish doodler
    y550ls9wbwod.png
    I like underused stuff...
  • CarlsonCarlson Member Posts: 1,063
    The forums may shut down, but the discord server will always stay! I love the Community Royale, but the game itself just got boring... This was a great show, let's all be honest!

• Thedangers15Thedangers15 Member Posts: 264
    edited August 20
    I will miss this place, I came to check on community to find out that this place will go forever. I believe this is supercell fault somehow, since clash royale became a lame p2w game, people play other games....
    If you remember me, I was the author of the thread: The whole CR history ....
    Still 17 years old,plays minecraft,clash royale and clash of clans!Author of the Clash royal history thread!
    Add me on clash royale!
    https://link.clashroyale.com/invite/friend/fr?tag=2R28PVG9&token=8ja7ptwr&platform=android
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Member Posts: 3,287
    May the 9 Titans bless all of you.
    m9x13ahnee1c.png

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here

This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest