Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum
It's been a great run, but this site just isn't worth the cost of keeping it up anymore. It will remain open through to the end of the month.

Thanks for a great run!

Starting Hand Priority

GiorgakisGiorgakis Member Posts: 3,274
Warning: this balance change takes a different take to balancing. It is not just a rework to a single card but rather a rework to a mechanic.

Last year both Elixir Collector and Mirror got a rework. This made them so that they never appear in the starting hand. I liked the concept with Mirror but I was let down from the Elixir Collector. But then I thought what would happen if more cards become like this. So this discussion is for that.

Normally in a deck, it randomly chooses 4 cards to be in the starting hand. However if your deck has either Elixir Collector or Mirror (or both), the cards are excluded from the randomiser. So I am presenting a rework for that.

In this rework, every single card will have a new stat called Starting Hand Priority. This stat is clearly meant to show which cards would be placed in the starting hand. It will have some values with 0 being the standard one and with other positive and negative tiers.

So I will mention the cards that would have a higher or lower than 0 Starting Hand Priority while the cards that I do not mention will simply have a Starting Hand Priority of 0.

+1: Skeletons, Ice Golem, Bats, Tombstone, Furnace, Goblin Hut, Goblin Cage
-1: Cannon, Tesla, Bomb Tower, Inferno Tower, Lightning, Rage, Tornado, Elixir Collector
-2: Heal, Clone
-3: Mirror

So with those I will tell how the system would work. First it will check if you have cards that have a priority of +1. If it has 4 or less, them they will simply be placed in your starting hand, otherwise if there are more cards than 4, then they are choose randomly. After that, it checks for any 0 priority cards name repeats the same with the 0 priority cards. Then it goes to -1 and repeats etc, until your starting hand is full with 4 cards.

This also changes the card rotation of the starting hand. As this will also affect which card will be the last card in card rotation. Generally the card with the lowest Starting Hand Priority will appear last but if you run multiple of the same priority (let's say you use both Heal and Clone but not Mirror) then the last card is chosen randomly between the cards with the lowest priority.

So that means that Mirror will always be the 8th card in card rotation and Heal and Clone can be only 6th, 7th or 8th.

It also affects which will be the card that follows after the starting hand, aka 5th card

So let's use an example for that. How about Hog Cycle? Hog Cycle has cards that range between multiple priority tiers

So it starts by checking any +1 priority cards. It has 2 which are Skeletons and Ice Golem. So these cards will always appear in the starting hand. No RNG for now.

Next it checks for any 0 priority cards. There are 5 cards in the deck with 0 priority. So for these it will randomly choose 2 cards to be in the starting hand along with Skeletons and Ice Golem and the other 3 cards will be randomly be placed as the 5th, 6th or 7th card in the card rotation.

Then it checks for any -1 priority card. Only Cannon has -1 priority in the deck so it will always be the 8th card in the deck's card rotation. After it finds all cards how they would be placed in your starting hand and the following cards, then it is ready to be used.

Of course this only affects the first card rotation. After a new cycle begins, the cards that rotate are the ones that were used in the match. So if you happen to have Lightning as the last card, it does not mean that it will appear last in any following rotations during the match.

So that is about it. Do you think that certain cards should have a different priority? Do you want to tell you how your deck would work with the new system?
TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
Their card
Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest

Comments