Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Did something change..

killerkiller Posts: 1,059Member
I’ve noticed in the last few weeks or so I’m frequently not playing the card I intended. I have my finger hovering over my next pick but when I drop it it isn’t what I intended. The thing is I’ve been playing Clash for years and this was never an issue until now. So either my pad isn’t working right, human error or something changed in the game.

Just curious if anyone else experiences this issue?
vouz81kqd95y.png
Two decks:
Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
Signature art by JcttehTheWise

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,138Moderator
    I've noticed it too, I saw an explanation from a player on Reddit makes the most sense to explain the issue

You tap a card and hover it on the arena then the opponent places a card. You have to quickly react to play a counter card, but you don't place the hovered card fully back in your hand, you try to tap the counter but you play the first card instead.
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 557Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    I've noticed it too, I saw an explanation from a player on Reddit makes the most sense to explain the issue

You tap a card and hover it on the arena then the opponent places a card. You have to quickly react to play a counter card, but you don't place the hovered card fully back in your hand, you try to tap the counter but you play the first card instead.

That's a lie. The game does change your selected card. This"explanation" is yet another"blame the user" SC endorse.

Much like The unusual streak of cards you get when you okay. Lose to a balloon deck? Next two decks will also be balloon

I have SEVERAL screenshots of those. Even weird decks like 3 musk mirror I had to fight in sequence.

Today, I had a double price streak three. Then a Canon Cart streak of three. C'mon Canon cart? Thrice in a row?

But all you will hear is"it is perception bias. or, in present case, your fault for placing the finger in the wrong place
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • TheNewGuyM8TheNewGuyM8 Posts: 40Member
    Piklashu wrote: »

That's a lie. The game does change your selected card. This"explanation" is yet another"blame the user" SC endorse.

Much like The unusual streak of cards you get when you okay. Lose to a balloon deck? Next two decks will also be balloon

I have SEVERAL screenshots of those. Even weird decks like 3 musk mirror I had to fight in sequence.

Today, I had a double price streak three. Then a Canon Cart streak of three. C'mon Canon cart? Thrice in a row?

But all you will hear is"it is perception bias. or, in present case, your fault for placing the finger in the wrong place

I hope you are trolling.
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,138Moderator

Let me say that though I do not remember who exactly posted that, it was not anyone from Supercell (Tim, Seth, Drew, support) nor was it a Reddit mod.

This problem has been complained about for months now, and honestly, I'm not sure how it could be be fixed without causing other problems.

I never said that it was a definitive answer. I said it was an explanation, that in my mind, makes the most sense. And I haven't seen any other valid explanations to my knowledge.

Also, I don't see why you bring up "rigged matchmaking" in this discussion. Because, frankly, most studies of it have shown that it is not conclusively rigged (and the ones that "have proved rigged MM" have flaws in them, such as not separating trophy ranges up or choosing weird counters). Sampling a few matches out of the many that are performed is what is "rigged." Because most defenders of rigged matchmaking tend to cite just a few battles where they've faced the same/similar deck twice in a row. Yet, there are just as many, if not more, incidents where you face decks that are completely different than the previous one after a loss.

The burden of proof is on the defenders of rigged matchmaking to establish why it is so. Because so many people signed on to "rigged MM" that caused people, on both the old forums and Reddit, to seriously look into it. And the issue is, at least in my mind, put to rest; or at least it should be. Every time I think it's gone I see some post about rigged matchmaking :crsmirk: Maybe that's what's rigged.

Jokes aside, since I hope that rigged matchmaking gets put to pasture, let's keep it on this topic of playing the wrong card.
    Giorgakis
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 239Member
    I notice this bug of playing the wrong card too. But not often, maybe once a week or less.
    I never watched the replay. I always blame myself. Often I wanted to play one card, then I have to change very quick to react on the opponents move. And I guess I don't press hard enough to activate the new card or I only change the card in my imagination and because of stress set the wrong card or activation and placment of the card is too quick for the software to recognize.
    Next time I try to watch the replay!
    MasterCalNo_C_Stick
  • PiklashuPiklashu Posts: 557Member

Let me say that though I do not remember who exactly posted that, it was not anyone from Supercell (Tim, Seth, Drew, support) nor was it a Reddit mod.

This problem has been complained about for months now, and honestly, I'm not sure how it could be be fixed without causing other problems.

I never said that it was a definitive answer. I said it was an explanation, that in my mind, makes the most sense. And I haven't seen any other valid explanations to my knowledge.

Also, I don't see why you bring up "rigged matchmaking" in this discussion. Because, frankly, most studies of it have shown that it is not conclusively rigged (and the ones that "have proved rigged MM" have flaws in them, such as not separating trophy ranges up or choosing weird counters). Sampling a few matches out of the many that are performed is what is "rigged." Because most defenders of rigged matchmaking tend to cite just a few battles where they've faced the same/similar deck twice in a row. Yet, there are just as many, if not more, incidents where you face decks that are completely different than the previous one after a loss.

The burden of proof is on the defenders of rigged matchmaking to establish why it is so. Because so many people signed on to "rigged MM" that caused people, on both the old forums and Reddit, to seriously look into it. And the issue is, at least in my mind, put to rest; or at least it should be. Every time I think it's gone I see some post about rigged matchmaking :crsmirk: Maybe that's what's rigged.

Jokes aside, since I hope that rigged matchmaking gets put to pasture, let's keep it on this topic of playing the wrong card.

Problem is when you get matched three times in a row against cards that kill you, but have very low usage rates. Feels fishy
    PI-CLASH-uuuu
  • kkfunggkkfungg Posts: 10Member
    there is level inflation
    abcd