Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Nerf Hog and Bait Deck

Literally the most overused style of play on ladder...... Hog nerf is way over due. Make it have less life or make it cost 5 elixir. Guarantee you that there will be way more diversity of play styles after that instead of every other deck being a hog fireball build. Bait decks either need to have gob gang upgraded to 4 elixir or gob barrel put back to 4 to counterbalance how ridiculously unfair the cycle is on the meta deck (gob gang, princess, gob barrel, knight, ice spirit, inferno tower, log, rocket) orrrrr buff zap to 1 shot equal level gob barrel. That meta literally negates more than half of the rest of the cards in the game.
Fear my Pekka's Blade
2LTDBp.jpg

Comments

• micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 613Member
    Which hog deck are you talking about exactly?

The only hog bait deck that I find annoying is the one with Mortar, MinionHorde and more swarm units. But Hog isn't the key component in that deck, it can easily be replaced by Miner/Battle ram.
  • TheTrueBrawlerTheTrueBrawler Posts: 561Member
    edited June 25
    What deck do you use? Share each card please.
    I use some color code in my posts. Here is a small key to help you understand what some colors mean in my posts.
    Card Statistics - Tournament Standards/Maximum Level
  • Asmdus88Asmdus88 Posts: 19Member
    Okay gotta be language savy here..... Lol.

I change my deck up a lot because I often run into things that Just make my deck feel useless...... But it always seems to be the usual suspects that this happens with: Hog decks and bait decks (mainly referring to goblins). And it doesn't matter what I switch out or change...... I keep running into this issue against the same decks.

I'm not referring to any hog bait deck in particular....... ANY deck using hog has an op advantage just because of what the hog does and for how much it costs. There's a reason its the most overused card in the game..... And has been for the entirety of clash royale's existence. Its just a cheap/cheesy way to win. Hog fireball hog fireball hog fireball over n over n over n over again!!! The hog at level 11 drops a tower on a single push all by itself...... He's fast moving and not easily distracted because you need a building to do it...... And he doesn't go down easily....... Meaning he almost ALWAYS gets at least a hit or 2 in even when you do counter him........ All for FOUR elixir!!! That's just insane. Pair that with fireball and boom you have all you need to win a match. Literally doesn't matter matter what else you put in your deck you can climb through the game with just those 2 things. That's broken if you ask me.

Similarly vs the goblin/princess/gob gang meta bait deck...... I say its broken because you can literally identify what's in your opponent's deck before they even play everything they have, you know exactly what they have and how they are going to use it.... And you STILL can't counter it enough to win. If you don't have log or arrows in your deck you are basically screwed from the get go because the gob barrel will eat you alive (prove me wrong show me a deck without one of those that can beat the bait meta deck..... You can't) And in my experience I've only ever won against that meta by playing nothing but defense and having a rocket in my deck...... And taking out one of their towers with my rocket cycle before they can rocket cycle one of mine. But even then...... Its so hard to win against that deck, and not even fun to play against there's no strategy to it you don't feel like you are reacting to your opponent and its like they don't even respond to you either....... Its more like you are just playing against a well rehearsed repeating cycle that's just going to keep doing the same thing over n over regardless of how or what you play..... And 9 out 10 times they still win!!! Something in that formula needs to change.

If you know what your opponent has and can basically predict everything they are about to do before they do it, but still can't beat them then there's something terribly imbalanced going on. Ecspecially when that is the same result even after trying multiple different decks against it. At that point they aren't winning because of any wits or thoughtful strategy..... They are winning because of the things they use having an unfair advantage. Hog fireball builds and gob barrel gob gang cycle decks are the most broken things in clash royale.
    MasterCal
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,059Member
    I have to agree with OP. I just played against hog 6 out of last 10 matches (at around 4300 cups). It is way overplayed and has been so for maybe the last 2years (at least in my cup range)

On top of that, I just checked stats royale for arenas 11 and 12 and across all arenas .... hog is still top used win con card in the game. (And to be upfront, I just got the final cards to max my hog but would still welcome a nerf for the sake of game diversity.)

vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
    killer wrote: »
    I have to agree with OP. I just played against hog 6 out of last 10 matches (at around 4300 cups). It is way overplayed and has been so for maybe the last 2years (at least in my cup range)

On top of that, I just checked stats royale for arenas 11 and 12 and across all arenas .... hog is still top used win con card in the game. (And to be upfront, I just got the final cards to max my hog but would still welcome a nerf for the sake of game diversity.)

Glad somebody agrees..... I had a similar match history right now 4 out of the last 5 matches I played were all hog users. Also at the 4300 trophy range..... And its so dumb because you would think that players at that level would have more interesting play styles... But no. It's just so annoying now. I mean..... At this point if you really think you are good at this game why use a hog? Its like going into a boxing match with metal plates hidden in your gloves..... So when you win the match did that make you a better competitor? No its just cheap. But everrrrrrryone still wants to do it because its the easiest way to "win". Hog would be a cool card to use but I just can't.... Not fun to play with because it just feels too broken. There's no fun in it when there's no strategy to it other than "just keep dropping it"
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg
  • FNUStoryFNUStory Posts: 49Member
    edited June 26
    I know that no matter what I say, you aren't going to listen to me. I have seen it happen many times. All I have is five words for everyone who can't counter Hog Rider.

Get Good at Deck Making.

Those five words accurately summed up a five paragraph essay I have wrote about the Hog Rider back on the official Supercell forums in hundreds of different ways for hundreds of different complainers back when they were still up. It went into hard counters, soft counters, and counter pushing techniques. I have come to realize I always wasted my arguing ability on threads that became toxic and end up getting locked or ignored for all eternity, so I no longer want to write it anymore.
    Lrxl2Ux.png
    Get Good at Deck Making
    edited June 26
    FNUStory wrote: »
    I know that no matter what I say, you aren't going to listen to me. I have seen it happen many times. All I have is five words for everyone who can't counter Hog Rider.

Get Good at Deck Making.

Those five words accurately summed up a five paragraph essay I have wrote about the Hog Rider back on the official Supercell forums in hundreds of different ways for hundreds of different complainers back when they were still up. It went into hard counters, soft counters, and counter pushing techniques. I have come to realize I always wasted my arguing ability on threads that became toxic and end up getting locked or ignored for all eternity, so I no longer want to write it anymore.

I CAN beat hogs..... I've gotten up to 4573 trophies..... Can't do that without knowing how to counter the most overused card in the game. But just because you CAN counter it..... Doesn't mean that it isn't overpowered or that it has an unfair advantage. Above all else they just aren't fun to play against OR with. Its so annoying to see the same cheesy playstyle with that card match after match..... Idk how you can say they aren't overused or in need of a nerf for better balance in the game.

I will applaud someone that uses a hog if it were actually a balanced card, but its just not.
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,059Member
    FNU - at no point in my reply did I indicate I was looking for help against hog. I’m merely sick of it as its repetitiveness is ruining the game for me (and I suspect many others). I think most ebarb players suck but I’m also sick of them. In my cuprange for literally 2 years straight the top two win con cards played have been almost consistently (1) hog and (2) ebarbs. Two years and the primary win cons have not changed.

That being said, I agree it coukd use a further nerf. As Ive pointed elsewhere, It is common enough to see lvl9 hogs as high as 4500 (just saw one within the last hour)... you don’t see other win cons two below maxxed as often in this range. And as I pointed out, check statsroyale and filter top cards by winrate for arenas 11 and 12.,, hog is #1 win con card in both.

Overused and overperforms. Seems like the primary reasons for nerfing a card are met.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
    FNU - at no point in my reply did I indicate I was looking for help against hog. I’m merely sick of it as its repetitiveness is ruining the game for me (and I suspect many others). I think most ebarb players suck but I’m also sick of them. In my cuprange for literally 2 years straight the top two win con cards played have been almost consistently (1) hog and (2) ebarbs. Two years and the primary win cons have not changed.

That being said, I agree it coukd use a further nerf. As Ive pointed elsewhere, It is common enough to see lvl9 hogs as high as 4500 (just saw one within the last hour)... you don’t see other win cons two below maxxed as often in this range. And as I pointed out, check statsroyale and filter top cards by winrate for arenas 11 and 12.,, hog is #1 win con card in both.

Overused and overperforms. Seems like the primary reasons for nerfing a card are met.

THISSSSSSS ^^^^^ thank you!! Lol

Couldn't have made a better argument myself
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg
  • FNUStoryFNUStory Posts: 49Member
    edited June 27
    FNU - at no point in my reply did I indicate I was looking for help against hog.
    That comment was in no way directed towards you. Asmdus88 showed explicit struggle against Hog Riders and demanded nerfs for how overpowered he thought it was.
    Asmdus88 wrote: »
    And it doesn't matter what I switch out or change...... I keep running into this issue against the same decks.

ANY deck using hog has an op advantage just because of what the hog does and for how much it costs. There's a reason its the most overused card in the game..... And has been for the entirety of clash royale's existence. Its just a cheap/cheesy way to win. Hog fireball hog fireball hog fireball over n over n over n over again!!! The hog at level 11 drops a tower on a single push all by itself...... He's fast moving and not easily distracted because you need a building to do it...... And he doesn't go down easily....... Meaning he almost ALWAYS gets at least a hit or 2 in even when you do counter him........ All for FOUR elixir!!! That's just insane. Pair that with fireball and boom you have all you need to win a match. Literally doesn't matter matter what else you put in your deck you can climb through the game with just those 2 things. That's broken if you ask me.

If you know what your opponent has and can basically predict everything they are about to do before they do it, but still can't beat them then there's something terribly imbalanced going on. Ecspecially when that is the same result even after trying multiple different decks against it. At that point they aren't winning because of any wits or thoughtful strategy..... They are winning because of the things they use having an unfair advantage. Hog fireball builds and gob barrel gob gang cycle decks are the most broken things in clash royale.
    Hog nerf is way over due. Make it have less life or make it cost 5 elixir.
    This is why I said "Get Good at Deck Making". But the thing about Hog Rider being overused is even less words than what I said to Asmdus88.

It's not.

If Hog Riders were really overused, then there clearly has to be a reason why. They're not overpowered, so why would people use either of them? If they were, then they would be a ton of them at the top, but 10 of the top 100 players right now use a Hog Rider.
    - 22nd, COMMANDER
    - 39th, kyrios
    - 56th, AndreiK
    - 70th, takaa
    - 71st, JACK
    - 75th, sdxb
    - 84th, soul uae
    - 91st, il padrino
    - 96th, たけき
    - 99th, FaceControl
    If you don't believe me, you can check the rest for yourselves. No other person right now in the top 100 uses a Hog Rider. It's mostly Mortar Bait, standard Bait, or XBow Cycle. If they're not that powerful, then most of them would be at the bottom of the barrel. Well depending on your trophy range, that might be why you're facing them. If you know how to beat them, then just keep at it. Eventually, you will see the light where the truly decent decks reside.

Also, you can report out the classic "19 out of 25 games has me pinned against a Hog Rider", but to the reader, they're just numbers with absolutely zero evidence supporting it. How about the next time you have 25 ladder battles on your replay logs, you take screen shots and post them along side that statement. If you make absurd or seemingly absurd claims without evidence, nobody will believe you myself included.
    Lrxl2Ux.png
    Get Good at Deck Making
    edited June 27
    Screenshots? Here you go. Upwards of 70% of my matches have a hog or hog fireball combo and it is beyond irritating. You can defend the hog all you want but I would say 90% of people that play clash royale would agree that it needs a nerf..... OR to add more counters against it so that not so many people would overly use it.

lb0nh1d8uqad.png

s3f1m7sfodbp.png

cbo1jjgs83z7.png

Screenshots above show 8 matches in a row..... And every single opponent had a hog in the deck
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg
  • TheTrueBrawlerTheTrueBrawler Posts: 561Member
    edited June 27
    Screenshots? Here you go. Upwards of 70% of my matches have a hog or hog fireball combo and it is beyond irritating. You can defend the hog all you want but I would say 90% of people that play clash royale would agree that it needs a nerf..... OR to add more counters against it so that not so many people would overly use it.

Screenshots above show 8 matches in a row..... And every single opponent had a hog in the deck
    You have 16 ladder battles saved on your Stats Royale Profile, and just because 8 out of the 9 Hog Battles you have happen to be in a row doesn't mean that's all you faced. Also you have 2v2 records which have 16 more opponents. Taking everything on your profile into account, you actually faced only 14 Hog Rider users in 32 opponents. Not as overused as you're making it out to be.

You also don't seem to be at high trophy count so your screen shots proved FNUStory's "Bottom of the Barrel" point.
    MasterCal
    I use some color code in my posts. Here is a small key to help you understand what some colors mean in my posts.
    Card Statistics - Tournament Standards/Maximum Level

You have 16 ladder battles saved on your Stats Royale Profile, and just because 8 out of the 9 Hog Battles you have happen to be in a row doesn't mean that's all you faced. Also you have 2v2 records which have 16 more opponents. Taking everything on your profile into account, you actually faced only 14 Hog Rider users in 32 opponents. Not as overused as you're making it out to be.

You also don't seem to be at high trophy count so your screen shots proved FNUStory's "Bottom of the Barrel" point.

14 of 32 is still pretty high, and it varies from day to day..... But no matter how you slice it hog is overused. And it is a broken card.

Bottom of the barrel meaning I'm a crap player??? Or something?? Hard to climb in the 4000s because of all the max level cards you face..... I don't even have one max card.

At any rate.... I never said hog is the ONLY thing I face.....just that it is overused and needs a nerf.

And the other nerf I was calling for was something in the bait deck formula.... Probably the gob gang. (Also kind of overused)
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg
    why you think I changed my name to the hog slayer? And why my wife and I made a clan called hog destroyers??? I've been playing royale for 2 years and you basically just have to always assume a player has a hog every match.... And most of the time they do. There's no other card that pops up as much as it does. Its just dumb.

You're looking At the top 100.... But millions of people play this game and I would bet more than 50% have a hog.

And even when you anticipate it.... It still gets a hit on you. No other card in the game is as frustrating or annoying. None.

Not the mortar or the xbow or the graveyard..... its the darn hog.
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg

Thanks for the link to the stats royale btw I've never seen that before
    Fear my Pekka's Blade
    2LTDBp.jpg