Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

The Princes are dead

Since this morning's update I announce that prince and dark prince are dead. Now useless. They can't charge anymore. Prince can be stopped with 3 skeletonts without charging back again to the tower. Mini pekka is faster, stronger and costs less. The worst nerf to these two cards, they are less powerful than 1 year ago before buff

Comments

• GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,828Member
    miki19771 wrote: »
    Since this morning's update I announce that prince and dark prince are dead. Now useless. They can't charge anymore. Prince can be stopped with 3 skeletonts without charging back again to the tower. Mini pekka is faster, stronger and costs less. The worst nerf to these two cards, they are less powerful than 1 year ago before buff

Don't worry next update they will get a 25% damage buff
    VengeanceMasterCal
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    They are fine imo. It was annoying to see a prince doing double damage by initiating charge 0.1 tile away from tower.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • LostParadiseLostParadise Posts: 994Member
    Giorgakis wrote: »
    Don't worry next update they will get a 25% damage buff

I hope they will :crsmirk:

But seriously,the Princes aren't really able to utilize their core mechanic now.
    Simply the best. B)

Main Acc: Level 12 - PB 4.3k (Challenger 2)
    Card Levels: 11.0-10.6-10.0-X

Mini Acc: Level 6 - PB 2.6k (Arena 9)
    Card Levels: 6.2-6.0-7.5-X
  • TheTrueBrawlerTheTrueBrawler Posts: 561Member
    I told everyone this was going to happen. Nobody listened, but their spot in the meta is exactly where I said it was going to be.
    I use some color code in my posts. Here is a small key to help you understand what some colors mean in my posts.
    Card Statistics - Tournament Standards/Maximum Level
  • ferrell34ferrell34 Posts: 1,257Member
    They're still pretty good imo. The double prince Giant deck is still going on strong. True, the Princes now don't utilize their ability as much as they used to. But i feel like they're much more balanced now, not underpowered.
    EarthThis signature is my city
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,059Member
    I agree with Ferell. They were previously OP. They are now strong but not OP.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,059Member
    Just played classic challenge... used d prince and saw many of both princes used. They are still prevalent and perform fine.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • Sans3546Sans3546 Posts: 7Member
    edited June 21
    miki19771 wrote: »
    yep. ever since the update, their charge times have become crap. it's too hard to utilize them decently on offense anymore. supercell bombed those changes, but at least they did well in other areas.
  • NukedPenguinNukedPenguin Posts: 140Member
    I use Dark Prince as my damage buffer, his shield is nice.
  • gregrarygregrary Posts: 1Member
    edited June 22
    The princes are the main troops I play. I used to be at around 3800-4000 cup and been through higher. but now I’m stuck in 3600-3700 cups. I did not notice this balence because of being messaged but through experiencing mysterious loses. Even though I can tell the opponent is less experienced than I am and I thought I would win easily but turn out I win hardly or even got beaten up. I think I will just quit playing this game until the god damn problem was fixed. I have no idea why CR is making this adjustment while there are still other cards that are overpowered and need to be fixed.
  • LordDravenLordDraven Posts: 275Member
    gregrary wrote: »
    The princes are the main troops I play. I used to be at around 3800-4000 cup and been through higher. but now I’m stuck in 3600-3700 cups. I did not notice this balence because of being messaged but through experiencing mysterious loses. Even though I can tell the opponent is less experienced than I am and I thought I would win easily but turn out I win hardly or even got beaten up. I think I will just quit playing this game until the god damn problem was fixed. I have no idea why CR is making this adjustment while there are still other cards that are overpowered and need to be fixed.

Well of course they're not going to perform well for you if you were uninformed about what happened to them. If you go about your merry way and expect them to charge when they used to you're going to be sorely disappointed over and over. If you pay attention to the balance changes and know what to expect you might have been able to play them in a way that would have accommodated for the change. So that trophy loss is on you solely for not educating yourself.

And they made the adjustment because the princess were overpowered and taking over The Meta, that sounds like a pretty good reason to me. Part of the reason they do balance changes is to keep the game fresh and The Meta interesting, it's not only about balancing cards that are over or under powered.
    There will ALWAYS be other cards that are overpowered, and this time around it happened to be the princes, no personal Vendetta against you, and you quitting the game isn't going to change it back.
  • BarbarianAxeThrowerBarbarianAxeThrower Posts: 87Member
    I feel like the princes charging up fast kind of makes it the same as just having really fast speed, so it kind of ruins the idea that they are charging and not just fast troops.

The princes should take a long time to charge up, but should have insanely fast charging speed and insane charge damage to compensate for the time it takes get moving. This way its much easier to tell that they aren't just moving slightly faster but are truly charging