Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

I've got an issue with the leagues.

Tommy78Tommy78 Posts: 277Member
So they're saying I can be at 4000 trophies (which I am) or at 5600 and getting to 5600 is a waste of time? I'll just be dropped back down to 4000 regardless? That doesn't seem worth my time. Why would I bother? Tell me. Maybe I'm ignorant.
Device: Galaxy S7 Edge
Trophies: 4000

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,138Moderator
    If you're at 5600 trophies, I think you'll be reset to 4300, not 4000. Perhaps even 4600 (as I haven't been that high to fully know the league stats and reset totals and stuff).

The reason for reset is so that people don't climb trophies infinitely and that other people have a chance to finish towards the top.

You also get a better draft chest the higher you reach that season
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • Tommy78Tommy78 Posts: 277Member
    I understand the chest might be better for the moment, but having to work hard for trophies only to be reset seems horrible to me. I don't know.
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,059Member
    Season reset is just handled really stupidly. If you’re just above 4k you have to battle people from 1000 cups higher for weeks. People say “dont play ladder for a few days”. Imagine how dumb a game is designed where the best advice people have is to not play a game for a week or so!?! I was just playing ladder and stopped after battling two completely maxed decks within minutes of each other. Its just really dumb.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
    I'm just going to sit at 4000. In the end, everyone will be at 4000 with me. Cool beans.
  • TTtheTTTtheT Posts: 1,404Member
    Tommy78 wrote: »
    I'm just going to sit at 4000. In the end, everyone will be at 4000 with me. Cool beans.

But don't you want the better draft chest?

Thanks to pazboy for the sig

Check out my AMA
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1519/another-ttthet-ama

Proper way to pronounce my name.

Tee Tee the Tee
    It'd be nice to have the better chest, but not worth the risk of dropping below 4000 since my card levels are marginal. My clan mates were at 4500 or so and ended up at 4000 with me. I can live off of 2v2 until my card levels improve enough to dominate with no chance of dropping.
  • TTtheTTTtheT Posts: 1,404Member
    So you are complaining that matchmaking is unfair while you farm 2v2 to overlevel your cards so the match is unfair in your favor

Thanks to pazboy for the sig

Check out my AMA
    https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1519/another-ttthet-ama

Proper way to pronounce my name.

Tee Tee the Tee
    TTtheT wrote: »
    So you are complaining that matchmaking is unfair while you farm 2v2 to overlevel your cards so the match is unfair in your favor

Yes. Just like everyone else. Until they fix their broken stuff, why shouldn't I? Should I play by different rules while everyone takes advantage?

• micsfyuenmicsfyuen Posts: 613Member
    I don't know why I climb every season, use the same deck, face the same opponents, reach the same league, return to the same place.

I am definitely caught in Itachi's Izanami.
  • dude2050dude2050 Posts: 560Member
    Tommy78 wrote: »

Yes. Just like everyone else. Until they fix their broken stuff, why shouldn't I? Should I play by different rules while everyone takes advantage?
    i completely understand why you do it (tho i hate it) but if you're going to do it don't complain about it
    1o8Am0P.jpg
    this awsome sig is made by the amazing DeltaDroid4
  • OptimusOptimus Posts: 142Member

at 4k you are a legend. you made it and congrats. There is no such thing as over levelled once you reach legendary arena.

Anything goes, you see folks with lots of skill with level 8 and 9 rares, level 5-6 epics etc and you see folks with less skill with max decks that just cant progress any further. Once you upgrade your deck you will surpass these players and then you will face max cards used by skilful players and then the struggle is very real. That is legendary arena in a nutshell.

I understand players feel this way when they are at a disadvantage purely on card levels BUT it will get slightly better once cards are upgraded and then you will hit a wall again.
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 459Member
    I dont like how the reset is done, but otherwise the leagues are fine. They just should reward playing ladder more, so that people wont avoid playing half of the season.

About the reset. For example If a player finish at 5799 trophys, he/she will be reseted to 4300. Some other dude finish at 4900, he/she will also be at 4300 after the reset. The level of skill and/or cards is usually huge between those two and they shouldnt face each other, imo. I think SC should make one or even two more lines where they reset people. Like 6500 guys reset to 4900 or something.
  • OptimusOptimus Posts: 142Member
    Puzo wrote: »
    I dont like how the reset is done, but otherwise the leagues are fine. They just should reward playing ladder more, so that people wont avoid playing half of the season.

About the reset. For example If a player finish at 5799 trophys, he/she will be reseted to 4300. Some other dude finish at 4900, he/she will also be at 4300 after the reset. The level of skill and/or cards is usually huge between those two and they shouldnt face each other, imo. I think SC should make one or even two more lines where they reset people. Like 6500 guys reset to 4900 or something.

totally agree with this. that's the reason season reset is so hard and people in the low 4000s are advised not to play.

6000 players beat 4900 players and they get pushed down.

4900 players beat 4000 players and they get pushed down.

4000 players beat 3800 and they get pushed down.

season reset has an affect on all players from 3800 and maybe even below?
  • LordDravenLordDraven Posts: 275Member
    Puzo wrote: »

Yes! I've been saying this for a good long while! People like me (PB just over 5k) are just pounding down people at 4k whether they've been there for a while or just got there. I have no business being down there, even if I did end the season in Challenger 3 there is a huge skill gap there.