Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Anniversary Challenge Discussion Thread

PAZBoyPAZBoy Posts: 887Member
edited March 3 in General Discussion
25mdeu.jpg
At Friday March 2nd, Clash Royale will turn 2 Years Young! And, for celebrating this, Supercell has introduced a special challenge, called the "Anniversary Challenge".

25meaj.jpg
Starts at : 2nd March, Friday, 2018
Ends at : 5th March, Monday, 2018

This special challenge consists of two stages like the Lunar New Year Challenge. They are :
Retro Royale
Players get one free entry to this stage, and since it is casual challenge (dosen't eliminate you after losing thrice), it dosen't have a retry fee. This stage takes players back to the good old days when Clash Royale was first soft launched. During the challenge players can only use cards released with game's soft launch. It takes 10 crowns for a player to complete the stage.

One Time Rewards
  • At 4 Wins : 250 Coins
  • At 7 Wins : 500 Coins
  • At 10 Wins : 1000 Coins

Modern Royale
Players who successfully complete the Retro Royale 10 crown challenge gets to proceed to the next stage, Modern Royale. In this stage, only cards released after the January 2016 soft launch can be used.

Players get a free entry for the first time, and retry costs 10 gems each. This stage is not casual like the Retro Royale Challenge, which means 3 loses and you are out, and it takes 6 wins for completing.

One Time Rewards
  • At 2 Wins : 50× Skeleton Barrel
  • At 4 Wins : 20× Zappies
  • At 5 Wins : 3× Hunter
  • At 6 Wins : Epic Chest
  • Guaranteed Prize : 130 Gold, 2 Cards.
  • Top Prize : 600 Gold, 25 Cards.
  • Retry Fee : 10 Gems

Discuss about the Challenge in comments below, and please do not create another thread.

Happy Clashiversary and Good Luck for the Challenge!!!
MasterCalZygardedude2050
GoeIxLv.png
(Sig pic made by me)

Sig Shop | AMA
Tagged:

Comments

• MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,131Moderator
    Retro Royale was ok, but Goblin Barrel is OP in that challenge since there's no Log. I hope it's a draft Retro Royale. Balloon is also a strong card, with Giant
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,823Member
    This challenge will allow me to unlock Skeleton Barrel, Zappies and Hunter at 0 trophies. My 0 trophies account will be OP, despite the cards themselves are UP
    WubWub
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 458Member
    6-1

The Log
    Poison
    Furnace
    Miner
    Royal Ghost
    Zappies
    Flying Machine
    Sparky

I lost to a Lavahound Miner deck. Didnt have a chance in that one, but no problems in other battles. Most of my opponents played some kind of control deck with MK. Sparky wrecked their attack and counter pushes were deadly :)
  • VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Retro Royale was ok, but Goblin Barrel is OP in that challenge since there's no Log. I hope it's a draft Retro Royale. Balloon is also a strong card, with Giant

Arrows can kill barrel.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • MathChampMathChamp Posts: 1,717Moderator
    edited March 2

Luckily, retro royale is a casual challenge and not a "hardcore" one.

At least, I think so...
    Currently subsiding in Forum All-Stars
    IGN: ++[SV]++ | Player Tag: J9V99CY | PB: 4422 | 88/88 Cards
    Card Collection Levels: 1 Lvl 12, 10 Lvl 11, 40 Lvl 10, 26 Lvl 9, 5 Lvl 8, 5 Lvl 7, 1 Lvl 6

Deck: PEKKA (12) - Giant (11) - Night Witch (10) - Musketeer (11) - Mega Minion (11) - Poison (11) - Zap (12) - The Log (10)
    math_menuitem.png
    "Thou shalt not divide by zero" (Calculus says differently)
    Have any burning questions for me? Ask them here!
  • GiorgakisGiorgakis Posts: 2,823Member
    edited March 2
    6-2 with this deck
    Mega Knight
    Night Witch
    Executioner
    Royal Ghost
    Dark Prince
    Ice Spirit
    Furnace
    Poison
    I managed to unlock Skeleton Barrel, Zappies and Hunter from this challenge. Now I have 4 cards that I am not supposed to. These are these 3 cards above and Mirror
    TH9xMZx.jpg0

Worship the 9 Titans (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)
    Their card
    Obey the 4 Immortal Armies (Skeleton Army, Minion Horde, Goblin Gang, Critter Swarm)
    Teach the 12 Titan Babies (Golemite, Mini PEKKA, Baby Dragon, Lava Pup, Sparky, Inferno Dragon, Ice Golem, Balloon, Cannon Cart, Dropship, Flying Machine, Deployable Turret)
    Protect the 12 Peasants (Skeletons, Goblins, Spear Goblins, Minions, Bats, Critters, Fire Spirits, Ice Spirits, Crystal Critters, Critter Bats, Explosive Drones, Beta Minion)
    Babysit the Titan Grandchild (Zappy)

Check my AMA here
    Play in these Forum Games: Buy, sell, trash, Grant the Wish above you, Hurt and Heal, Complain the Card above you for the stupidest Reason, Admire the card above you for the smartest Reason, Two Lies, One Truth, Keep One, Drop One, Trash a Card, TPBM Game
    Show your feedback for these card ideas: Cold Skeleton, Thorns, Armored Giant, Battle Zeppelin, Medicine, Blessing, Dragon, Deployable Cannon, Warrior, Heavy Elite Barbarian, Boom Cannon, Crusher, Microwaver, Rocket Launcher, Barbarian Launcher, Grappler, S.I.M.O. Tower, Double Cannon, Flamethrower, Giant Hut
    This is my favorite discussion ever (not created by me): https://communityroyale.com/discussion/1676/how-arena-1-has-mirror-0-max-trophy#latest
  • kitsune42kitsune42 Posts: 239Member
    edited March 2
    Is it possible for the Dark Prince to push Royal Ghost??? Like the push with Knight!

I want to play more retro royale, it is so much fun!!!!
  • OptimusOptimus Posts: 142Member
    6-1 with following.

Lava hound
    Miner
    Night witch
    Gob gang
    Poison
    Log
    Furnace
    Dart goblin
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,131Moderator
    Vengeance wrote: »

Arrows can kill barrel.

Still not a positive trade
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 458Member
    Puzo wrote: »
    6-1

The Log
    Poison
    Furnace
    Miner
    Royal Ghost
    Zappies
    Flying Machine
    Sparky

I lost to a Lavahound Miner deck. Didnt have a chance in that one, but no problems in other battles. Most of my opponents played some kind of control deck with MK. Sparky wrecked their attack and counter pushes were deadly :)

Played again just because its fun. I used Tornado instead of the Log and went 6-0. If someone want to try that deck, I suggest using Nado. It makes the deck so much better.
    6-1

The Log
    Poison
    Furnace
    Miner
    Royal Ghost
    Zappies
    Flying Machine
    Sparky

Played again just because its fun. I used Tornado instead of the Log and went 6-0. If someone want to try that deck, I suggest using Nado. It makes the deck so much better.

Tornado is op! Proved!
    YIoX9bC.jpg
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,050Member
    Thoughts-
    I saw more diversity in the retro challenge despite being less cards.

The modern challenge shoukd be renamed “the MK bandit challenge” or the legendary challenge as the avg deck had 6 legendaries (would’ve been 7 but one stubborn player only used 3 and it brought the average down)

I played the retro challnge twice so far... golem deck each time. Maybe lost once each time. Golem definitely OP.

Only played modern once and only went 5-3. Used lavadeck but probably wouldn,t again as so many hard counters to lava with so many executioners, magic archer and idragon being used. Congrats to optimus above doing so well with lava deck.

I enjoyed the retro more then the modern. I actually think the retro cards are more balanced (except for golem ????) then the modern deck.

Mvps of retro imo arrows, valk and witch
    Mvps of modern- legendaries
    Optimus
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
  • killerkiller Posts: 1,050Member
    Lol. Just won it on second try (6-1) with:
    Dark prince
    Mag archer
    Sparky (mvp!)
    Night witch
    Miner
    Bandit
    Ice spirit
    Poison

Of the 7 matches, 6 of them were MK.
    vouz81kqd95y.png
    Two decks:
    Ram/exe/miner/tornado/ggang/poison/log/goblins
    Rhogs/tesla/valk/musk/fireball/zap/ggang/bats
    Signature art by JcttehTheWise
    edited March 2
    Change name of modern royale to mega knight royale and retro royale to prince royale.
    Oops 1000th post. :crsmirk:
    YIoX9bC.jpg
  • LostParadiseLostParadise Posts: 994Member
    Anyone thinking about making Lavaclone with Skelly Barrel in the Modern?
    No matter how trollish it sounds,I won the previous Modern 6-1 with that deck.
    Simply the best. B)

Main Acc: Level 12 - PB 4.3k (Challenger 2)
    Card Levels: 11.0-10.6-10.0-X

Mini Acc: Level 6 - PB 2.6k (Arena 9)
    Card Levels: 6.2-6.0-7.5-X