Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Royal Ghost Mirror Challenge {ONE AND ONLY}

JeetsJeets Posts: 292Member
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
The royal ghost has a sword!
In addition it's a mirror challenge,which most people prefer.

2 wins: 500 coins

4 wins: 1000 coins

6 wins: Giant chest

8 wins: Magical chest

10 wins: Legendary chest

12 wins:Royal Ghost

Post down how far you got,experience and any tips and tricks?
Submitted by wub wub
1. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO: analyze the deck you are given. Your opponent has the exact same deck, so you will want to take some time to study what counters what. Any card in the deck that does not have a counter should be played as much as possible from the very beginning, as that gives you a head start over your opponent who may take time to recognize their win condition. The few seconds at the very beginning of the match where you are shown the deck are the most critical.
2. Use your win condition often. Your win condition is not necessarily a win condition in the usual sense - it is the strongest card or card combination in your deck. If you have Three Musketeers and no heavy spell, cycle Three Musketeers.
3. Play defensive if possible. You have the exact same card rotation as your opponent and exact same deck, which means you have the same amount of firepower. So to get the extra firepower, you'll fight on your side of the arena so that your princess towers can help out, and also so you can kite, drop melee units next to ranged fighters, etc. This allows you to gain an elixir advantage and build a powerful counterpush.
4. That being said, if you realize your deck is extremely powerful on offense, don't be afraid to blitz. Just be sure that your opponent doesn't have the counter they need in hand, or if they do (Minion Horde for Balloon), be sure you have a counter (Arrows for Minion Horde). Blitzing often makes the opponent panic and drop everything, which is even better for you.
5. Don't be afraid to mirror. Especially if the opponent used their counter, then played something else. You can get a lot of value out of your mirror if you use it correctly - but it works better in double elixir.

Keep in mind: all decks WILL have Royal Ghost in them. (Oh great, the second coming of the RG :lol:). This means that ranged troops will not be as strong, because his unique mechanic makes him strictly melee splash and ranged has no range advantage. On the other hand, only 6 cards are random, so you will have less to analyze. Always keep the RG2 in mind - a lot of players don't fully understand how he works and will be experimenting in the challenge, sometimes just spamming him. Know his mechanics, his counters and what he counters, as always in any new card challenge.

Footage will come soon but I can't find an app that works wit my phone yet

Comments

• JcttehTheWiseJcttehTheWise Posts: 1,885Member
    This time instead of a draft they made it mirror! Despite I liked the draft format, this new one seems more fair. However, it'll still be difficult to win 12 times, and also looking at the prizes I'm sure that gem cost will be 100, which is a pity...
    Do you like my signature? Check out one of these!
    WdKYXUm.png
    I like underused stuff...
    My most recent card idea: Watchmaker!
  • JeetsJeets Posts: 292Member
    This time instead of a draft they made it mirror! Despite I liked the draft format, this new one seems more fair. However, it'll still be difficult to win 12 times, and also looking at the prizes I'm sure that gem cost will be 100, which is a pity...

You never know supercell might be in a Christmas mood and make it 10 gems!
  • JazznoorJazznoor Posts: 172Member

Agreed,this challenge is completely skill based,and the price for retrying would probably be 100 gems considering the prizes.

I will probably compile some tips for winning the challenge.
  • SamirMishraSamirMishra Posts: 282Member
    PLEASE SUPERCELL PLEASE GOD MAKE IT 10 GEMS. AT LEAST FOR CHRISTMAS LOOL!
    Hi. SamirMishra here an Active Forumer from SC forums. Feel free to Private Message me when you need Help. Thanks. Yours Faithfully.
    V30GAmy.png
    Thank you very much @DeltaDroid4 for this Beautiful Signature! All credits to him! Want a sig? Visit his shop now! He's a great Growlithe Artist -smirk-
    Playing CoC and BS happily! Quit My Job in clash Royale.
    Want to chat with me? ¶Discord: SAMIR#7795, ¶Forums:https://forum.supercell.com/member.php/1707508-SamirMishra
  • IamHarshIamHarsh Posts: 107Member
    PLEASE SUPERCELL PLEASE GOD MAKE IT 10 GEMS. AT LEAST FOR CHRISTMAS LOOL!
    I wish too that it could be 10 but considering the prizes it wont.
    Otherwise people might farm half the rewards of a GC for 10 gems.

King lvl 12 》》PB--->4847
    current deck 》》
    Giant(11)☆Giant'Larry(6) ☆Witch(7)☆Mega'Minion(9)☆Fireball(10) ☆miner(2)☆Night'Witch(2)☆Zap(13)
    <<44 legies and collecting...>>

0R7hS2N.png

awesome signpic by SPICY
  • XLeonardXXLeonardX Posts: 123Member
    Lolz, if they make it to 10 Gems, I will try to spend as much gems on this challenge as possible.
    We are all part of the universe; hence being kind to anything is being kind to ourselves.
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 459Member
    This is going to be the most boring challenge ever.
  • JazznoorJazznoor Posts: 172Member
    Puzo wrote: »

I think it's gonna be the opposite, as in draft challenges, I lose to people in hog mountain while being in 4k range as I get cycle cards to beat a Golem deck. Now if both the players have the same cards and cycle, it's gonna come down to skills, not luck or anything else.
  • WhiteHydraWhiteHydra Posts: 12Member
    I have not yet gotten used to the mirror challenge. This challenge seems fair and requires more skill than the draft (it's harder than the draft, in terms of skill).
  • WubWubWubWub Posts: 423Member
    General tips for Mirror Challenge:

1. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO: analyze the deck you are given. Your opponent has the exact same deck, so you will want to take some time to study what counters what. Any card in the deck that does not have a counter should be played as much as possible from the very beginning, as that gives you a head start over your opponent who may take time to recognize their win condition. The few seconds at the very beginning of the match where you are shown the deck are the most critical.
    2. Use your win condition often. Your win condition is not necessarily a win condition in the usual sense - it is the strongest card or card combination in your deck. If you have Three Musketeers and no heavy spell, cycle Three Musketeers.
    3. Play defensive if possible. You have the exact same card rotation as your opponent and exact same deck, which means you have the same amount of firepower. So to get the extra firepower, you'll fight on your side of the arena so that your princess towers can help out, and also so you can kite, drop melee units next to ranged fighters, etc. This allows you to gain an elixir advantage and build a powerful counterpush.
    4. That being said, if you realize your deck is extremely powerful on offense, don't be afraid to blitz. Just be sure that your opponent doesn't have the counter they need in hand, or if they do (Minion Horde for Balloon), be sure you have a counter (Arrows for Minion Horde). Blitzing often makes the opponent panic and drop everything, which is even better for you.
    5. Don't be afraid to mirror. Especially if the opponent used their counter, then played something else. You can get a lot of value out of your mirror if you use it correctly - but it works better in double elixir.

Keep in mind: all decks WILL have Royal Ghost in them. (Oh great, the second coming of the RG :lol:). This means that ranged troops will not be as strong, because his unique mechanic makes him strictly melee splash and ranged has no range advantage. On the other hand, only 6 cards are random, so you will have less to analyze. Always keep the RG2 in mind - a lot of players don't fully understand how he works and will be experimenting in the challenge, sometimes just spamming him. Know his mechanics, his counters and what he counters, as always in any new card challenge.
    IamHarshMasterCalPikasperFalcoNshot33Micheallohenhenkch
    Card Concepts:
    - Dark Princess - Candles - Shield Spell -
    Balance Suggestions - Updated!
    What if the Infinity Stones were in the Clash universe?
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,138Moderator

Agreed. I find Mirror battles rather stale and boring as well.

Not my favorite week of challenges I'm afraid...

I'd much rather prefer draft, it's the best gamemode imo

But hey, maybe I'll get another legendary before unlocking Princess or Sparky
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • FalcoNshot33FalcoNshot33 Posts: 390Member
    Should I stay up for the challenge?

Pros:

1.School is out
    2.People wont know how to use it yet

Cons:

1.This is what most pro players are likely to do
    2. I would have to stay up until 1 AM
    pEWvZ6k.jpg Created by JcttehTheWise!

#givespicywifi

Trying to get a new profile pic.
  • BemerryBemerry Posts: 52Member
    WubWub wrote: »
    General tips for Mirror Challenge:

This is why I love WubWub. Also because he takes criticism well and has really well balanced cards.

How do you put a photo here on mobile?

Well, the unofficial Card Idea Balancer is back! Get ready for some promoting of ideas AND a fair amount of lores. 

• SeahJieHuiSeahJieHui Posts: 644Member
    Time for all skill challenges no luck just pure skill lol

But if no one knows how to use Royal ghost, then I guess everyone will suffer there lol.

Then again I'm gonna wait until I see some gameplay of it in good YouTube channels or TV royale
    Lvl 12
    PB: 4554
    3 second PEKKAs are the best
    Rip SC CR Forums, Rip Achievements, Rip Free Chests, Rip Elixir Collector
    Forum Games: Link this to that!

I'M INACTIVE NOW CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PLAY CR so yea bye :(
  • PuzoPuzo Posts: 459Member
    Jazznoor wrote: »

I think it's gonna be the opposite, as in draft challenges, I lose to people in hog mountain while being in 4k range as I get cycle cards to beat a Golem deck. Now if both the players have the same cards and cycle, it's gonna come down to skills, not luck or anything else.

I dont argue that it comes down to skill. It does, however the last time this gamemode was used it was extremely boring.