Community Royale - A Clash Royale Community driven forum

Free chests vs quests

MrPerfectiionMrPerfectiion Posts: 116Member
edited December 2017 in General Discussion
The math was done after the quest update, and the community was in an outrage because the addition of quests wasn't worth the removal of free chests.
Now they have added the daily gift, which is essentially 3 free chests + quests and quest chests. Where in the past we got just 5 free chests.
Can someone redo the math, and add the fact we get 3 free chests, a new quest, and also 1 epic quest a week? (Usually challenge themed)
I think we get way more now than before.
Supercell was hated on by many players, in many threads, calling them greedy and what not, but they weren't given any credit when they buffed it and made it better than before. They also gave everyone a free 21k gold this week (as long as you win 10 battles a day).
Even though you abandonned us and our forum, Thanks supercell :)
Clan : Tigolbits
PB : 5130
F2P : Off Meta

Comments

• VengeanceVengeance Posts: 1,403Member
    Quests are far better. Even now daily you get free chests and you can unlock a SMC in quest in about 14 days if you are active. You also get more cards and gems.
    YIoX9bC.jpg
    Signature done by JcttehTheWise
  • MasterCalMasterCal Posts: 2,138Moderator
    Short-term, free chests seem better

Long-term, quests are definitely superior, getting some good rewards and great chests.

Now that free chests/daily rewards don't take up a quest slot, quests got a slight improvement.
    VideoGameStar
    pv7u5U6.jpg

CR Stats PB: 4609 KT: 12. Card lvls: Mostly 11 with some lvl 10 Rares and lvl 12 Commons 88/89 cards unlocked. IGN: Hardcase Royale.

Please read the Forum Rules

Want to see if you are on the forum leaderboards? Post in this thread to see if you have enough to qualify.

Follow me on Twitter: @MasterCalCR. Discord: MasterCal #7507
  • MrPerfectiionMrPerfectiion Posts: 116Member
    They also give free gems / silver chests / epics & gold and stuff in the shop now.
    Clan : Tigolbits
    PB : 5130
    F2P : Off Meta
  • BlueBlue Posts: 100Member
    The quest is better than before right now, the daily free gift give 15 quest points faster the progress to unlock a big chest even more.
    I'm from the official Clash Royale forum, I refuse to join Reddit, so here I come
  • VideoGameStarVideoGameStar Posts: 92Member
    MasterCal wrote: »
    Short-term, free chests seem better

Long-term, quests are definitely superior, getting some good rewards and great chests.

Now that free chests/daily rewards don't take up a quest slot, quests got a slight improvement.

Perfect post, I agree.

I've noticed that if you pay attention to free chests, you can get in 24 hours 6 free chests (that 5 and potentially 6 more than now), while later on you can get your rewards, and if you're lucky, you might get a quest you can complete in a day ;)

It's good and bad at the same time. Good because you have something to do after 4k, and Bad because I got more legendaries with free chests :crsmirk:
  • UltraLegoGamerUltraLegoGamer Posts: 90Member
    I always favored the quests. Far greater rewards, and you need to play the game to get them. You'll almost a ways be doing them anyways. Lost the game? It's ok, you played a good amount of rare cards. It requires you to play he game to get good and get rewarded, ending the tidal wave of laziness that some players would go for.
    MasterCalAwesomeSkittle
    The dankest meme god to ever live. Danker than TheDankPrince himself. Plus just that overall Forums-Funny Guy. You should be amazed to even be in my presence. iHR48zs.png
    Signature made by spicy! Go to his signature shop in that subforum if you want a really good sig for yourself!
  • Adarsh1275XAdarsh1275X Posts: 149Member
    Between the free boosts, gold rush and quests including e daily rewards, I can say that now the new system is better than free chests. It wasn't the case when quests first came out though.
  • XLeonardXXLeonardX Posts: 123Member
    It is better now but again some quests are alot of works~~
    We are all part of the universe; hence being kind to anything is being kind to ourselves.